Ingredient and Dairy Technology
Rolighedsvej 26, 1958 Frederiksberg C
My research is primarily dealing with dairy products and the relations between composition, processing, product properties and functionality. The main aim of my research is therefore to contribute to a better understanding of how certain product properties and functionality are obtained, which could lead to development of new processing methods for safe products of high functional and nutritional quality.
- Emulsion stabilisation and stability
- Cheese functionality (protein breakdown during maturation and melting)
- Rheology and texture analysis
- Coagulation properties of milk (rennet and acid)
- Effects of changes in processing parameters
“Use of the natural meltability and emulsification potential of cheeses as substitution for additives” funded through the GUDP programme.
The project aims at facilitating the removal of emulsifying salts in melted cheese emulsions intended for spray drying into cheese powder by understanding the factors governing cheese meltability and stability of emulsions based on melted cheese.
The project is done in close collaboration with the cheese powder producer Lactosan A/S.
Previous/other research activities
“Redox-communication in the digestive tract. Influence of probiotics and natural antioxidants in relation to the impact of bioactive food on human health.”
My primary focus in the project was investigations of the role of reactive oxygen species/radicals in the communication and interactions between probiotic bacteria, other bacteria and natural antioxidants.
“Instant infusion pasteurization for heat treatment of milk – Physical-chemical and functional properties” (PhD project).
The main focus of the project was to characterize the application of instant infusion technology for pasteurization of milk. Physical-chemical changes appearing in the milk and changes in functional properties of the milk were measured and compared to standard pasteurization treatments.
- Coordinator/course responsible for “Dairy Internship” (2014 – present)
- Course responsible for “Dairy Processes and Equipment” (2015 – present)
- Lecturer in “Råvarekvalitet” (2008 – 2009, 2015 – present)
- Lecturer in “Dairy Processes and Equipment” (2007 – 2009, 2012 – present)
- Supervisor for master and bachelor students (2010 – present)
- Coordinator of laboratory experiments for Danish high school students (Studieretningsprojekt (SRP), 2010 – 2011)