Ingredient and Dairy Technology
Levnedsmiddelbygning, Building: 74-3-C309
1958 Frederiksberg C
Primary fields of research
Associate professor in food chemistry with most activities within dairy chemistry, primarily analysis of milk proteins and derived peptides by use of CE, HPLC and LC-MS(MS).
- Enzymatic modification and hydrolysis of milk proteins to improve their functional properties, e.g. gelation and foaming
- Production of bioactive peptides from proteins derived from foods and by-products (e.g. ACE-inhibitory, antioxidant, and antiinflammatory properties)
- Analysis of milk proteins and identification of peptides (CZE, RP-HPLC, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS)
- Analysis of low molcular weight components in meat and dairy products (HILIC-MS/MS)
- Bioactive peptides against life-style diseases
Presently working with differences between the genetic variants of β-casein, A1 and A2, and participating in the following two research projects:
Characterization of biochemical and nutritional properties of protein hydrolysates of side streams from the slaughter industry (2017-21)
Non-thermal processing of milk: Effects on macromolecules and consequences for functionality, (2017-20).
- Panager of the lab practicals in the BSc course Fødevarekemi (Food Chemistry)
- Manager of the Master course Food Enzymes and Applications
- Teaching a minor part in the Master course Dairy product Technology 2
- Coordinator in the PhD course Food Proteins: Significance, Reactions and Modifications (which is offered approximately every other year in collaboration with Wageningen University)
Shuailing Yang, Non-thermal processing of milk: Effects on macromolecules and consequences for functionality, 2017-20, co-supervisor.
Qian Li, Characterization of biochemical and nutritional properties of protein hydrolysates of side streams from the slaughter industry, 2017-21, co-supervisor.
Monica Daugbjerg, KU og University of Iceland samt MATIS (IC). Peptides in skin care products (Karsten Olsen is main supervisor), 2016-2018.
Mantaka Tauntong, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand. Production of bioactive peptides from collagen extracted from Nile tilapia skin. Oct 2014 – March 2015
Trine Desiree Damgaard, InSPIRe Bioactive meat hydrolysates and peptides September 2011- December 2014. (René Lametch main supervisor). Co-supervisor.
Xiaolu Geng, Food grade nanostructures from whey protein, September 2010 – December 2014. (Richard Ipsen main supervisor). Co-supervisor.
Cristian De Gobba, NOVENIA (Novel Enzymes of Industrial Relevance) project WP5: Bioactivity of hydrolysates made with novel enzymes , August 2010- January 2014. Main supervisor.
Fransisco Javier Espejo Carpio, University of Grenada, Spain, “Fractionation of antihypertensive peptides from goat milk proteins hydrolysates”, Mai-July 2011.
Loreto Gutiez, University Complutense of Madrid, “Antihypertensive activity of milk fermented with recombinant LAB”, September – December 2010.
Julio Manuel Broncano Antonio, University of Extremadura, Spain, “Antioxidant peptides from Iberian Chorizo sausages”, September – December 2009 + March 2010.