Microbiology and Fermentation
Rolighedsvej 26, 1958 Frederiksberg C
Primary fields of research
- Beer, wine and cheese microbiology.
- Fermentation technology.
- Microbial interactions.
- Microbial adhesion to solid surfaces.
- Single-cell bioimaging techniques, including fluorescence microscopy and a bio-photonics workstation.
- Physiology of yeasts, especially the species Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Debaryomyces hansenii, Torulaspora delbrueckii, and Lachancea thermotolerans.
- Applications of yeasts and lactic acid bacterias as starter cultures in the food industry.
- Yeast physiology and applications (course responsible)
- Food quality management and control (course responsible)
- Cool climate viticulture and enology/Applied cool climate viticulture and enology
- Heterologous expression