Merete Bøgelund Munk
Ingredient and Dairy Technology
1958 Frederiksberg C
01-05-2014 — : Industrial Postdoc, AAK AB & University of Copenhagen
- Titel of project supported by Innovation Fund Denmark: “Ice cream with reduced amount of saturated fat - a colloidal chemical approach”
01-01-2010 — 28-04-2014: Industrial PhD student, Palsgaard A/S & University of Copenhagen
- Industrial PhD project concerning the mechanisms of emulsion destabilization in order to improve product quality of whipping cream based on vegetable fat.
- Title of PhD thesis: “Physical stability of whippable oil-in-water emulsions. Effects of monoglyceride-based emulsifiers and other ingredients”.
01-02-2011 — 01-07-2011: Department of Food Science, University of Guelph, Canada
- Research visit in the scientific group of Dr. Marangoni as a part of my PhD project
01-04-2007 — 31-12-2009: Research Assistant, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food Science
- Worked on projects to develop methods to measure calcium-ions in milk during high pressure treatment
- Worked on research project about investigating the fundamental mechanisms for light-induced oxidation of meat pigment, nitrosylmyoglobin
- Teaching and development of master courses as part of a new master program “Gastronomy and Health”
2007: MSc degree in Food Science, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Life Science, Frederiksberg
- Master thesis entitled “Enzymatic Improvement of Bread Containing Cassava Flour and Sour Starch” was carried out in cooperation with Novozymes, Bagsværd.
2004: BSc degree (engineer) in Food Science and Technology, KVL, Frederiksberg
- Bachelor project entitled “Dry microencapsulation based on physical changes of the coating material” was carried out in cooperation with Danisco, New Application & Physical Food Science, Brabrand.
PhD in Food Chemistry