Microbiology and Fermentation
Fødevarebygningen, Building: 85-4-A401
1958 Frederiksberg C
May 2000:Defended Ph.d.-thesis with the title: “The dynamics of pHi regulation in lactic acid bacteria”.
October 1997: Defended MSc- thesis with the title: ”Fysiologiske studier af Saccharomyces cerevisiae under ølgæring”. (English Title: Physiological studies of Saccharomyces cerevisiae during fermentation of beer)
01/2006 - present Associate Professor
06/2000-12/2005 Assistant Professor
05/2008 – Present: Head of studies MSc in Food Science
05/2008 -03/2015: Head of studies BSc in Food Science and Nutrition
09/2009-09/2010: Head of Section, Food Microbiology
Main research activities:
• Fluorescence microscopy and bioimaging of bacteria in dairy products.
• Single cell studies of shift in growth phases (lag to exponential).
• Rapid methods for determining physiological changes in single cells
• Adhesion dynamics of single cells
Other Scientific Qualifications:
• Extensive experience with fluorescent probes for measuring biochemical activity in and around microbial cells.
• Expertise in all aspects of light microscopy, including digital image acquisition and image analysis
• Knowledge in classical statistical analysis as well as multivariate data analysis
Manager of 5 scientific projects where 9.4 mill. dkr. of external funding was directly managed by Henrik Siegumfeldt
Ph.d Supervision and Chairman of assessment
Main Supervisor: 3 finished Phd students, one active.
Chairman of assessment committee: 17
An updated list of publications can be found at
Orcid.org; Unique ID: 0000-0003-2718-9280. Click here for direct link
ResearcherID.com; Unique ID:E-1201-2015. Click here for direct link