FoodNexus: A consortium of companies and educational & research institutions in Europe, which together were applying for EU funds to create a pan-European innovation alliance (a food-KIC) with partners from excellent public and private players in the European food system.
- A Nordic consortium of companies, research institutes, universities, public bodies, cluster organisations, industry federations and incubators within the food and adjacent sectors.
- Was founded in 2010, building on previous Danish-Swedish cluster initiatives. At the General Assembly 1 June,2018, it was decided to close down FoodNexus Nordic.
- The main purpose was to work for and secure that the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) would launch a call for a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) within the area of Food, and to submit a bid for a Food KIC with the best possible positioning of Nordic interests.
- Had approx. 40 founding partners + engagement of a broad range of additional actors in the open activities
- Had a strong portfolio of activities to strengthen the innovation eco-system across DK-SE borders and to generate growth, including alignment of agendas at regional, national and Nordic level.
Material about FoodNexus Nordic:
(Contact Kirstine Haugaard Nielsen if you need a copy of one or more of the following documents)
- Organisation and facts
- Board 2018
- Fact sheets
- Nordic Assets, paper
- Position paper, Developing the Nordic Food Partnership
- Power Point presentations from the General Assemblies (2012-2018)
- Reports and surveys
- Interreg V Project Final Report
- Survey for the industry, August 2017
- Next practices for Education in a changing Food System
- Next practices for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Business Opportunity Areas
- Foodbest Catalogue (BOA )
- GUDP – Development opportunities in the food sector